Philip Booth Poetry Prize
Second Place: $150 & publication
Submission Period: May 15th – August 1st **Deadline extended to September 1st**
Guest judge: Stephen Dunn
▪ Enter up to three poems, any length, any style, each starting on a new page. Submit all poems in one document.
▪ Only previously unpublished work is accepted.
▪ The Philip Booth prize is judged anonymously: your name and other identifiers (phone number, address, etc.) should NOT appear on any of the poems.
▪ All submissions will be considered for general publication. If you would like to provide a bio, include it in the comments section when submitting. If you do not want your poems considered for general publication, include this in the comments section.
▪ There is a $15 submission fee
▪ Simultaneous submissions will be accepted as long as you notify us immediately of its acceptance elsewhere – unfortunately, for withdrawals, we cannot issue refunds. Multiple submissions are permitted, each with a paid submission fee.
▪ Family, colleagues, current and former students of the last two years of the guest judge are ineligible to submit. As are graduates and those affiliated with the Syracuse University Creative Writing Program.
▪ Submit work at http://salthill.submishmash.com/Submit
If there are questions or a need to retract a poem please send us an email: email@example.com
Dead Lake Chapbook Contest
The deadline has been extended until March 31st!
Salt Hill is getting into the chapbook business!
Want to be our first?
Our first chapbook competition is open from January 2, 2013 through March 1, 2013 March 31, 2013
Winning manuscript will be selected by Christopher Kennedy (author ofEncouragement for a Man Falling to His Death and Ennui Prophet) and published by Salt Hill in the summer of 2013.
As payment, the author will receive 25 contributor copies.
Send us 20-30 pgs of poetry, pdf or doc, 12pt font, single-spaced.
Include a title page, a table of contents, and an acknowledgements page (if any of the poems have been previously published).
Your name and contact info should NOT appear anywhere on the manuscript.
Include $10 reading fee (through submittable).
Submit Here - http://salthill.submishmash.com/Submit
Italo Calvino Prize in Fabulist Fiction
Congratulations to Katie Jean Shinkle for 2011's winning story, "The Show Must Go On"
2011 Judge: Aimee Bender
Salt Hill Journal partners with the University of Louisville for the Italo Calvino Prize in Fabulist Fiction. A prize of $1,000, publication in Salt Hill Journal, and an all-expenses-paid trip to read at the University of Louisville's annual 20th Century Literature Conference is given annually for a work of fabulist fiction written in the vein of Italo Calvino. Second prize is $300. Submit up to 25 pages of a short story, novel, or novella with a $25 entry fee by October 15. Visit the Web site for complete guidelines.
University of Louisville, Department of English, Bingham Humanities 315, Louisville, KY 40292. Paul Griner, Director of Creative Writing.