Philip Booth Poetry Prize
Second Place: $150 & publication
Submission Period: Please check back in May for information about the 2014 Philip Booth Poetry Prize.
▪ Enter up to three poems, any length, any style, each starting on a new page. Submit all poems in one document.
▪ Only previously unpublished work is accepted.
▪ The Philip Booth prize is judged anonymously: your name and other identifiers (phone number, address, etc.) should NOT appear on any of the poems.
▪ All submissions will be considered for general publication. If you would like to provide a bio, include it in the comments section when submitting. If you do not want your poems considered for general publication, include this in the comments section.
▪ There is a $15 submission fee
▪ Simultaneous submissions will be accepted as long as you notify us immediately of its acceptance elsewhere – unfortunately, for withdrawals, we cannot issue refunds. Multiple submissions are permitted, each with a paid submission fee.
▪ Family, colleagues, current and former students of the last two years of the guest judge are ineligible to submit. As are graduates and those affiliated with the Syracuse University Creative Writing Program.
▪ Submit work at http://salthill.submishmash.com/Submit
If there are questions or a need to retract a poem please send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dead Lake Chapbook Contest
Our second annual chapbook competition is open from January 8, 2014 through April 1, 2014.
One winning manuscript will be selected by Corey Zeller (author of Man Vs. Sky) and published by Salt Hill in the summer of 2014.
As payment, the author will receive 25 contributor copies.
Send us 20-30 pgs of poetry, pdf or doc, 12pt font, single-spaced.
Include a title page, a table of contents, and an acknowledgements page (if any of the poems have been previously published).
Your name and contact info should NOT appear anywhere on the manuscript.
Include $10 reading fee (through submittable).
Submit Here - http://salthill.submishmash.com/Submit
Italo Calvino Prize in Fabulist Fiction
Congratulations to Geetha Iyer for 2013's winning story, "The Mongerji Letters"
Salt Hill Journal partners with the University of Louisville for the Italo Calvino Prize in Fabulist Fiction. A prize of $1,500, publication in Salt Hill Journal, and an all-expenses-paid trip to read at the University of Louisville's annual 20th Century Literature Conference is given annually for a work of fabulist fiction written in the vein of Italo Calvino. Second prize is $300. Submit up to 25 pages of a short story, novel, or novella with a $25 entry fee. Visit the Web site for complete guidelines and deadlines.