First Place: $350 & publication
Second Place: $150 & publication
Submission Period: May 15th – August 1st **Deadline extended to September 1st**
Guest judge: Stephen Dunn
▪ Enter up to three poems, any length, any style, each starting on a new page. Submit all poems in one document.
▪ Only previously unpublished work is accepted.
▪ The Philip Booth prize is judged anonymously: your name and other identifiers (phone number, address, etc.) should NOT appear on any of the poems.
▪ All submissions will be considered for general publication. If you would like to provide a bio, include it in the comments section when submitting. If you do not want your poems considered for general publication, include this in the comments section.
▪ There is a $15 submission fee
▪ Simultaneous submissions will be accepted as long as you notify us immediately of its acceptance elsewhere – unfortunately, for withdrawals, we cannot issue refunds. Multiple submissions are permitted, each with a paid submission fee.
▪ Family, colleagues, current and former students of the last two years of the guest judge are ineligible to submit. As are graduates and those affiliated with the Syracuse University Creative Writing Program.
▪ Submit work at http://salthill.submishmash.com/Submit
If there are questions or a need to retract a poem please send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org